Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Exit Strategy

I am wondering what was our exit strategy in Europe post World War II? I belive we're still there.

What was our exit strategy for the Korean Conflict? I believe we're still there.

What was our exit strategy for Kosovo? I believe we're still there. Every time I see Wesley Clark railing about the lack of an exit strategy in Iraq I just wish the TV commentator would ask him if he would recommend a strategy similar to that of the conflict he commanded. What was his exit strategy going into the conflict?

And exactly what was our exit strategy for cessation of hostilities in Gulf War I? Obviously we really never left and had to return in force to finish the job. We are still there.

So the only conflicts I know of where there was talk of an exit strategy are those where we have lost the will to fight and sustain casualties: Vietnam, Beirut and Somalia.

Bin Laden has noted that if you spill enough American blood the Americans will turn and run like a dog with its tail between its legs.

Exit strategies are surrender in slow motion.

That's why we must shake off this Vietnaphobia and stand firm in Iraq.


Where are the Legions? Global Deployments of US Forces

1 comment:

Tre Pryor said...

That's a strong argument. Good job!