Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Us and Them

I've always favored Thomas Jefferson as the greatest American because his views seem to be the source of what we are trying to describe in our common culture as 'American', especially when speaking of our freedoms and rights. If Washington was the heart of the infant country then I'd say Jefferson was it's soul.

I ran across this the other day and I can see the influence of the thoughts that found the way into the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and the Bill of Rights. It's a quick read but let me taint it; keep Islam in mind as you read it.

The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom

The enemies we face today believes the exact opposite and are willing to kill you and your family if you don't agree with their view.

No comments: